We can provide you with advice on how to achieve, enjoy and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
- Live Well – tips and tools to keep you healthy from NHS Choices
- BBC Health
- Weight Loss for Good
- 5 A Day – NHS web site on eating more fruit & veg
- Are you a healthy weight? BMI healthy weight calculator from NHS Choices
- Tips for healthy eating – maintaining you health from NHS Choices
- Make your weekly shopping healthier
- – Health Checker from NHS Choices
If you wish to stop smoking, ask your Doctor or Nurse about being referred to the Stop Smoking Service.
Useful External Links:
No Smoking Day may have gone but whenever your quit day is, browse the links on this page for motivation, information and expert advice.
Gosmokefree – This website contains detailed information about the free NHS support services.
Smoking Cessation – NHS Choices Site – if you smoke, giving up is probably the greatest single step you can take to improve your health.
Quit Org. – Quit is the independent charity whose aim is to save lives by helping smokers to stop.
Smoking Quitters Cost Tool – Calculate the money you will save with NHS Choices quitters cost calculator and plan how to spend it.
ASH – Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) is a campaigning public health charity that works to eliminate the harm caused by tobacco.
Click2Quit – With NiQuitin and a Click2Quit Plan you’re more than twice as likely to successfully quit smoking compared to willpower alone. So why wait?
Smokefree – Accommodation, Dining, Drinking and Functions in a totally Smokefree environment.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service:
PALS is the Patient Advice and Liaison Service. Its purpose is to provide support and be a contact point for people using health services. It is a confidential service, working in support of patients, their friends, families and carers.
When you or someone you care for is unwell it can be worrying and confusing time. You may feel you need little extra help and advice and support. PALS offers an informal, confidential and friendly service to guide you through NHS services.
PALS may be able to help if your query or concern is about Primary Care Services provided by:
- Health Visitors
- District Nurses and School Nurses
- Community Hospitals and Intermediate Care Service
- Community Services such as Physio, Podiatry and Occupational Therapy
PALS Contact Details:
PALS are open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm (excluding Bank Holidays.)
- Telephone: 0118 982 2829
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 0118 982 2905
- Text: 0787 6550 5312