Falkland Surgery is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients and community.
Currently we have nine partners, who work between 5-8 sessions. We have a wide variety of expertise within the practice with partners having well established interests in Palliative Care and Diabetes, Commissioning, Minor Surgery and Family Planning.
CQC Statement of Purpose
We would like to hear your views on our new appointment system. Please take our Friends and Family Test Survey
For all appointments, advice, and visit requests : 01635 279972
24 hour Appointment Cancellation Line: 01635 279975
To book blood tests online at West Berks Community Hospital use this link or ring 01635 273343
For dental problems ring your dentist or NHS 111 and for medication advice speak to your pharmacist
I have been shown a useful looking app that give sensible UK based, validated, advice for many common conditions including when to self manage yourself, and when to seek help. This has been endorsed by NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence)
From 18th April 2016 some appointments for two weeks ahead will be available. Either by calling us or online via patient on-line booking service.
All remaining appointments will be available on the day whilst we transition over to our new system which starts from 3rd May 2016.
From 3rd May 2016
We will be offering
- Pre – bookable routine appointments 2 weeks in advance.
- Pre – bookable routine appointments 1 day in advance.
- Requests for urgent on the day medical appointments and home visits will be triaged by the Triage Doctor so please be prepared to give a brief description of your symptoms and your contact telephone number to a member of the reception team.
- You will then receive a call from the Triage Doctor that day .
Please ask for an appointments leaflet at reception.
West Berkshire Council have confirmed that the West Berkshire bus pass will no longer be valid for use on the surgery ReadiBus from 1st May 2016. So I am afraid that passengers will need to pay fares themselves from 1st May 2016. The bus pass can still be used on ReadiBus until 30th April. The current fare is £2.50 per journey each way.
- We are currently reviewing our appointments system.
- In order to facilitate this process we will be offering on the day appointments only until further notice.
- We will keep you informed either via the website or in the surgery regarding our progress.
- Please bear with us whilst we review our appointments system.
The Falkland Surgery Team
AUTOMATED TELEPHONE BLOOD TEST APPOINTMENT LINE
FOR ATTENTION OF ALL PATIENTS WHO HAVE BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT IN THE PAST
WE HAVE NOW LAUNCHED OUR AUTOMATED TELEPHONE BLOOD TEST APPOINTMENT LINE, WHICH IS OPERATIONAL 24 HOURS A DAY.
TO BOOK YOUR BLOOD TEST VIA THIS SYSTEM PLEASE PHONE
01635 273343 THEN SELECT OPTION 1 AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN.
This part of the NHS website has useful resources for people concerned about depression or anxiety, with a symptom checklist and useful links
We are informed today (12/2/2016) that the Royal Berks Pathology Department has computer issues and there will be delays in getting non urgent results processed. Urgent results will still be processed until the computer issues are resolved but there may be delays (maybe a week?) with returning routine results to us. This is outside our control and we can’t get round it ourselves so please delay checking for results for a few days. Thank-you.
These leaflets give you advice that you can use to treat minor sprains and injuries that have been produced by the local physiotherapy department
Currently (feb 2016) the links on that page are correct but lack a www at the beginning. Add this and they will work fine. Berkshire Health have been informed.
We have got a failure of our phone lines (8am). Please bear with us as we are actively trying to rectify this. If you need advice dial 111, or in an emergency dial 999
Update 08.23 It appears phones now working though some of our computers still offline. Apologies for the difficulties outside our control
From 11th January 2016
We will be processing requests in 72 hours
- Monday before 3.00pm collect Thursday after 4.00pm
- Tuesday before 3.00pm collect Friday after 4.00pm
- Wednesday before 3.00pm collect Monday after 4.00pm
- Thursday before 3.00pm collect Tuesday after 4.00pm
- Friday before 3.00pm collect Wednesday after 4.00pm
Remember if ordering through your pharmacy this may take longer, check with them.
Ask for a leaflet at reception.